We are likeminded people that feel that unless we are actively involved in our own destiny we can do little to complain. The ability to have our say and effect change is in our hands. Our meetings are friendly, warm and welcoming and we encourage everyone to have a voice. Everyone’s opinion is valued. Members can be as active and supportive as they wish to be, from attending meeting, serving on the committee, ad hoc committees, helping out at events or by just attending trips, concerts etc. and supporting us. We also try to engage in activities which avoid social isolation and get people out of their homes.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES
To promote the welfare and interests of all pensioners and older people in need by means deemed by law to be charitable.
In pursuance of this Coventry Pensioners Convention will:
- Promote policies beneficial to pensioners, retired and older people.
- Encourage the development of educational and other opportunities to enable older people to participate in and contribute to community activities within the West Midlands.
- Act as an information source for pensioners, retired and older people’s organisations, in Coventry the West Midlands Region and Nationally.
- Provide a platform where matters of concern can be raised and policies and practices developed, paying attention to the particular needs and problems of pensioners, retired and older people.
- Make representation to the government, Members of Parliament, Members of the European Parliament, Health Authorities and other statutory and voluntary bodies dealing with matters affecting pensioners and retired people.
- Act at all times without discrimination on grounds of age, gender, race, belief, disability or sexual orientation.
- Affiliate and take part in activities of the West Midlands Pensioners Convention and through them the National Pensioners Convention.